Friday, July 27, 2007

Alive and kicken.....and






havin some fun paintin and decorating! I am sure most have given up on me but I plan on being around more now! I quit my job (got to be to many hours etc). So thankful to be home with my son right now during the summer....we floated down the Deshutes River the other day with a neighbor friend and had some good ole fashion Summer fun! I have had some great luck at a few Estate Sales and a Barn Sale yesterday. Found some wonderful treasures. I wanted to share my latest furniture redo. Before and after pics below. I got the sideboard for 35.00. It is in great shape. This is right in our entry and I hide our mess of shoes inside the bottom cupboard. I painted and waxed it to give it a dull finish. Had a fun time dressin the top up with trinkets...hadn't done that in awhile! Everything you see except the book & lamp came from garage sales or thrift stores. Have much to share! Hope someone drops by to say Hi! cherry

7 comments:

Sweet Cottage Dreams said...

I LOVE this cabinet that you re-did! And I also love how you have dispayed your pretty things on top. Thank you, too, for stopping by my blog. I have added you to my lists of favorites and will be back for many visits...no doubt about that! Take care! Becky

Sarah and Jack said...

The makeover is fab.

Jen Kershner said...

Love all of your finds Ms. Cherry. I've been having luck too but with all the expenses of back to school I figure I need to behave for awhile and keep my backside at home. I will just make myself happy with looking at your great finds!

Jen Kershner said...

I forgot to say that I LOVE what you did with the cabinet.

Anonymous said...

Oh, love, love, love these photos! Keep on playin' and sharin' - what a treat to see!
xo,
Kim

Unknown said...

Cherry, the cabinet is very cute! And all of your bits and bobbles look perfect on top. I really love the red and cream teacups and saucers with the nest. That is very appealing to my eyes!! It all looks great!

allie
www.mycozyhome.typepad.com

Anita said...

I just love your sideboard! And what a great idea with the shoes!! I get sick of looking at our shoes all jumbled in a wicker basket by the front door. You've given me a new thing to keep my eyes open for!