Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Washi love...







                   Happy Wednesday to you! I have been having some blogger problems so bare with me. I created a fun, rather funky little card today for The Rubber Cafe. I first stamped the Heart Strings stamp onto my cardstock and than stamped it again onto some pattern scraps I had in pink hues and cut them out. I than inked them up and gave them a bit of chunky glitter and laid them aside. I than stamped the Don't be Wishi Washi set onto some scrap white cardstock in pink and kraft ink and fussy cut them out. I inked them a bit as well. When I was done I had 7 washi tapes cut out. I ran my cardstock through an embossing folder and got to work layering my washi pieces on top of one another randomly, both at the top of my card and the bottom. For added detail I wrapped a bit of twine around some of the washi pieces and hung pink safety pins with diecut little hearts hanging off. I added my sticker sentiment and a chipboard postage frame to add importance to the sweet heart strings stamp (I just love this stamp). From there I used my Scrap Happy glue to adhere my hearts to the banner and added some cute little jellie dots for detail. My last step was to fold back my top and bottom corners of the card and staple them. I love the shabby funky look this has!









stamps used- Heart strings , Don't be wishi washi
inks used- American crafts pink, Pti kraft
cardstock- wplus9, pattern papers - scrap bin
emossing folder- cuttlebug
ribbons- really reasonble ribbon
love sticker- melissa frances
mini paper clips- tim holtz
buttons- pti
twine- really reasonble ribbon
pink safety pins- Joanns
jellie dots- pearl and cotton candy jellie dots
adhesive- scrap happy glue

5 comments:

Marlou McAlees said...

happy new year Cherry!! loving your gorgeous card ♥

Patty O'Malley said...

Your card is so pretty, Cherry! I am so frustrated with blogging problems. Thanks for your suggestion. I tried to load Firefox but wasn't sure how to do it, so ended up with Google Chrome but am still have problems uploading photos. Could only get them onto the blog through Picasso Web Album (whatever that is).

Anonymous said...

vusgf bhl[url=http://shopnorthface.co.uk]north face gilet[/url]
[url=http://shopnorthface.co.uk/#the-north-face-gilet]the north face gilet[/url]

Anonymous said...

Beautiful card Cherry, I love the colors and all the little details

Anonymous said...

This card is beautiful! Love the colors, layers and details. Miss Creative Paper Trade but am so glad I found you there!