Wednesday, January 15, 2014

RRR valentine challenge










Time for our mid month challenge over at RRR.  Time to get out those yummy pinks and reds and go to town creating a Valentine project ...with ribbon of course!   I made a couple of LOVE owls with varying uses....party picks, wands, but my fave thing is just to stick them in my vintage flower frog.  They make adorable décor....but these also do double duty as candy bags.......I adhered little bitty bags to the back side.....stuff with Hershey kisses and they are good to go!   I used baby pink seam binding along with some peppermint twine for my ribbons.   I topped my bows off with sweetheart blossoms  in red and pink.    These are so fun to make...I may need to do more.  They start to develop their own personalities.   Will have to do a birthday owl soon.   Hope you enjoy!   hugs and happy Wednesday!  Cherry

9 comments:

Sandi McLean said...

I am in love with these precious little owls! Hugs,

Kathy/NorthCarolina said...

Oh my giddy aunt! This is so precious, Cherry! I love the button eyes, the darling little tag and the striped bag. Such clever design! I'm in love with your style!

ezwiefelhofer said...

What did you use to create your owls?

Thanks edee

Cora from Hidden Riches said...

This is just the most precious thing!!! Did you have a pattern or a die for the owl itself? Would love to find it if I could!!!! Thank you!

robinann17 said...

Darling little owl! I love the work you do - it's so enchanting! Robin

Unknown said...

Will you be sharing the how tos on your darling owl? I 'd love to make some. You always inspire me with your beautiful creations. Thank you

Unknown said...

Love the owls. Will you share with me your method one making them? Your creations are such an inspiration. Thank you

Unknown said...

Will you be sharing the how tos on your darling owl? I 'd love to make some. You always inspire me with your beautiful creations. Thank you

Jill Norwood said...

Love the idea of adding the bag to the back with some candy kisses! This is so sweet! Love all your sweet owl details!