Tuesday, March 1, 2016

Luck of the Irish


                 March 1st?  Can it be true?  So exciting to have Spring just around the corner...and with that St. Patties Day!  I am also happy to be sharing my first blog post for Canvas Corp!  I had so much fun dipping into the papers...my favorite card making staple.  Once I got going I could not stop at one card....I created two for the upcoming St. Patrick's Day round up at CCB.  My first I am sharing I created a simple tutorial with step out photos. 
  

1) Start with a card stock base of 4 1/4 x 5 1/2.  Grab your papers (Lime Green & White Clover and Green and Ivory french Linen Stripe)   and trim them to  4 1/4 x 5 1/2 and 3 1/2 x 3 1/2 and adhere to your card stock.



2) Add your little scallop trim....I used a piece I already had.  I wanted to add a little bit of black to tie in with my embellishments. From there wrap your ribbon around the card and tie a bow to the right side of card.  

3) Add Foam adhesive to back of your large clover and adhere to card.  Add your milk cap with clothespin attached.  If you don't have a milk cap, try die cutting a circle with matching papers.  Top your milk cap off with the Murray's diecut from the 7 Gypsies mini ephemera Harmony pack.  The perfect Irish touch to this card!  


4) From here add your Petaloo flower to die cut. Adhere your Date tag to the top right side of card and add your numerical 17 with pins attached.  I used my crop-a-dile to punch my holes. Top your bow with another bow for fullness. Add some ink to the edges for a bit of aging if you like.  Last but not least add your LUCK sentiment to lower left side. Done!!!



These are perfect to give to your Irish friends...or to a St. Patties Day potluck which we are having down here in our neighborhood.  Wouldn't they be cute for tabletop decor?  Either way I hope they bring a bit of Irish luck my way!  Enjoy!


















Materials used- 
Ribbons and twine- Really Reasonable Ribbon
Embellishments- 
Glitter clover-Walmart
Milk chip & clover button- Vintage from stash
flowers- Petaloo
assorted numbers and letters- stash
Other- hot glue gun, foam adhesive, glue adhesive, ink

I have added these cards to the fun challenge number 4 St Patricks Day green challenge  Over at Sweet Ms Lori's place......go check it out!!!

2 comments:

Lori said...

LOVE these, Cherry! So many pretty details - adore the mismatched letters in LUCK. So happy you linked to my St. Pat's/Green challenge!

Lisa said...

Awesome! Love your mixture of stuff! I love stuff! Stuff is my favorite! Seriously... beautiful cards...